Edyfing Ethical Values
1. COMPASSION: from Latin ‘compati’– to suffer with: Bias in favor of enterprises of the poor/socially excluded, marginalized (PSM), informal/micro & small enterprises, enterprises/organizations working with PSM.
2. JUSTICE: Predisposition towards moral rightness based on ethics, rationality, law, natural law, equity and fairness, genuine respect for people
3. PRIORITIZING PEOPLE & PLANET OVER PROFIT: Creation of economic value is primarily to meet human needs and the conservation of nature/ecology for the benefit of future generation.
4. SOLIDARITY, COOPERATION, MUTUALISM: Preference for collective action, cooperation, mutual help rather than individualistic competition.
5. PARTICIPATORY DEMOCRACY: The collective owners put premium on being the managers and workers of the SSE enterprise themselves